When launching a new blog or marketing campaign, you’ve gotta start with a good name. Far too often, we see people pick a name — register a domain and start publishing content — only to find that quick pick is a bad fit. If your name is too long — too awkward — or needs to be explained, you’re going to want to rethink it.
Here are six tips to get it right from the start:
- First — take your time.
- Find a name that is catchy.
- But, short, concise, and easy to understand.
- You’ll want your domain to have the same name — so make sure it’s available and in your budget. Some keywords like consulting are pricey.
- Thinking of going personal with your name? Think again if you ever want to sell your brand in the future.
- And finally, when you land on a name — check for trademarks or registered brands. The last thing you need is legal trouble, or to land right back where you started in finding a new name.