Have a story to tell and think the news should tell it?
Want to reach a larger audience by telling your story on television?
Want “the news” to talk about YOUR company and give it a big boost in sales?
Here’s the BIG SECRET: If you want it, you have to go get it.
The majority of the time, reporters are not hunting down people to interview.
YOU have to make the call, email, text… So, how do you do that?
Media training gives you the skills to develop a strong, clear message that sticks with your audience. It positions you to deliver it effectively and impactfully. Media training is also the best way to develop strong skills when it comes to interacting with the media, making sure your message isn’t lost or misinterpreted.
- How to create a story that is marketable to the media.
- How to dig up the marketable, sellable and pitchable story that’s inside of you or your company.
- How to present that story to the media.
- Who you need to talk to… who the major players are that make the decisions on what story to run, where to run it (and which to delete).
- What to say when you get the booking.
- What to wear on TV, in a magazine shoot, for a newspaper shoot, or on radio (seriously… ask us why).
- The best haircut/style for your face on TV.
- How to do your makeup for TV so you look alive but don’t look too made-up (and not like yourself).
- How to carry yourself physically during the interview.
- Verbal delivery skills.
- How to answer a question when you don’t want to answer a question.
- How to answer a question when you can’t answer a question (proprietary information, part of an active investigation… or you just don’t know the answer).
- How to frame your message during the interview.
- How to get the interviewer focused on the message that you want to focus on.
- Where the story will show up.
- How long to wait for the story to show up.
- How to get your website link on air, in an article or mentioned on the radio.
- How to share the story later to take advantage of the media hit and gain more followers (or make more sales).
At mConnexions, we work with the best media trainer around!
Kathryn Janicek is a professional media trainer who works with individuals — or teams of people. With more than 20 years of experience in TV, Kathryn has a shelf full of Emmy awards to show that she knows what she’s doing. She once coached talent, producers, and writers before switching her focus on helping entrepreneurs and corporate executives.
“Media training helps you even if you have NO desire to be in the media. Because of the training, my clients are better on stage, during job interviews, and presenting in front of small groups at work.”
With Kathryn Janicek’s media training, you’ll be in control of your interviews by knowing how to navigate the hard questions — all with a polished delivery! Click HERE to jump over to her full blog with tips and tricks related to landing media.
Kathryn Janicek is a three-time Emmy Award-winning television producer with 20 years of experience working in newsrooms across the country. Now, based in her home city of Chicago, she is a much sought-after media coach and public speaking trainer who travels the U.S. helping to produce the best YOU. Click HERE now to book a complimentary 30-minute consultation with Kathryn.